Organisers confirm dates for 2014 show, admitting that they looked at other sites for London Boat Show

Organisers of the Tullett Prebon London Boat Show have finally laid to rest rumours the show would be cancelled next year by confirming dates for the 2014 event.

The final decision was delayed until a crunch meeting last week, where it was agreed the show should return to ExCeL from January 4-12, 2014.

National Boat Shows (NBS) said the feedback from this year’s event was positive and that exhibitors “appreciated the extra buzz… that was created by being in one hall”.

NBS also revealed it had been looking at other options for the show, including running it in Canary Wharf later in the year, but after early enthusiasm for this plan, it was decided to stay with the current format.

But by waiting until such a late stage to confirm 2014’s dates, NBS had no choice but to commit to an earlier start in January, since it’s understood the venue couldn’t give the show the entire South Hall for later in the month.

Howard Pridding
, CEO of the British Marine Federation, NBS’s parent company, said: “The response we received from exhibitors and visitors was very positive, particularly about the layout of using one hall, and we will continue to improve the experience for everyone involved.

“The industry representatives who sit on our boards have done a very thorough job in looking at all potential sales platforms for the industry and taken the right decision with the option that makes commercial sense and offers all elements of the industry the very best showcase.”

Subscribe to the print version of MBY
Subscribe to a digital version of MBY