Moving tomorrow?

A fairly quiet in Deauville. The plan is to move to Fecamp tomorrow.

Wednesday 21st June

Day 12

Position – Port Deauville

It has been a fairly quiet day for the fleet, and indeed the team today. It seems the decision not to move today was still the right one. Although the weather seemed fairly benign today in Deauville, the Channel has experienced winds up to 26 knots (force 6) in the last few hours. This would have made the passage around Cap D’Antifer quite uncomfortable.

Tomorrow looks better, so the plan is for an early morning departure to Fecamp. The following days are also looking good, so with luck the fleet should be able to stick to the itinerary from now on. Due to the lack of actual weather information off Cap D’Antifer, the plan tomorrow is for Claire and Neale aboard Calm Voyager to lock out of Deauville at 0530hrs, and report back to Time Flies at 0700hrs. If the conditions look good to move the fleet, Time Flies will call boats off the moorings from 0730hrs, or as soon as possible afterwards, once free flow is in operation.

Today the team were invited aboard ‘Harmonie’ for lunch, where our resident fish expert, Ken demonstrated how to filet and cook mackerel, Matt’s catch from yesterday. The result was delicious.

Jobs for this evening include making Calm Voyager and Time Flies ready for sea tomorrow. It’s an early start tomorrow for the fleet and the MBM team, so it’s early to bed for all.



Latest videos