A football signed by '66 squad, a sail with Alex Thompson on an Open 60, cottage for a week in Scotland, and more...
Marine press officer Anna Wardley is planning to swim the Channel in two weeks’ time, and is holding an auction in Portsmouth tonight raising funds for charity.
The items going under the hammer are listed below. Bids are accepted in advance.
Ring any of these numbers:
Anna: 44 (0)7793 417754
Carie: 44 (0)7887 536495
Shaun: 44 (0)787 6278637
Alice: 44 (0)7989 341599
Lucy: 44 (0)7814 931037
Funds go to the Samaritans and the Philip Green Memorial Trust.
The auction kicks off at 8.30pm (BST) this evening at the Clarence Tavern in Gosport.
Anna is Communcations Manager at Clipper Ventures.
1. Football signed by 1966 World Cup squad
This ball was signed in front of Clipper Director, Bob Dench, by the players at a ball at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London in the summer of 1991 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the World Cup win. The event was organised by Bobby Charlton’s events company.
The ball is signed by all the 1966 World Cup Team except Bobby Moore. It is also signed by Kenny Dalglish, Kevin Keegan. Trevor Brooking, Pat Jennings and others?
2. Portsmouth FC shirt – signed by the Premiership Club and England team striker David Nugent
In March 2007 David Nugent was placed 2nd in FourFourTwo’s annual “Top 50 Football League Players” (West Bromwich Albion’s Jason Koumas voted #1 by his fellow Coca-Cola League players.) He had been voted #6 in the previous year’s poll and was also awarded “Young Player of the Year”.
Nugent was wearing the shirt when he signed his £6M contract with Portsmouth earlier this month.
3. Flight in a Light Aircraft
45-minute flight over Hampshire, taking in the sights of Gosport from the air.
Flight will take place from Popham Air Field, Hampshire
4. A sail with world-renowned Alex Thomson on his new Open 60 in the Solent
5. Set of snooker balls signed by current and former World Champions
Set of Belgian Aramith Balls.
6. Ben Ainslie’s Athens Olympic Shirt – signed by Ben
Ben Ainslie, MBE, is a British sailor and two-times Olympic gold medalist. He started sailing at the age of 4 and first competed at the age of 10. Ben won a gold medal at the World Youth Championships in 1995, and was awarded the title of British Yachtsman of the Year in 1995, 1999, 2000 and 2002. He is also the holder of an MBE.
Olympic Sailing medal record
Gold 2000 Sydney Laser
Gold 2004 Athens Finn
Silver 1996 Atlanta Laser
7. Cottage for one week in Plockton, West Coast Scotland
1 week in a cottage (sleeps 6) – home to Robert Carlyle during the filming of Hamish McBeth – in the North West Highlands of Scotland, an untamed land of sea and loch, mountain and glen ? magnificent in its grandeur and remote tranquillity.
On the western seaboard, our village of Plockton, in an incomparable location on a sheltered bay of Loch Carron, surrounded by a bowl of hills.
This peaceful Highland community in the Gaelic heartland was once based on fishing and crofting.
It now draws artists and photographers from all over the world, and those who seek something different, something less packaged.
8. Water Skiing/Wake Boarding for 2 – Ellingham Water Ski & Wakeboard Club
Ellingham Water Ski and Wakeboard Club is a small ‘members club’, affiliated to the British Water Ski Federation (BWSF). The club is set on the edge of a 45-acre lake leased from Wessex Water near Ringwood in Hampshire. It has over 120 able bodied members. The club also has a very active Disabled Membership and is the centre for ‘Water Skiing for the Disabled’ in the South West of England. The first Saturday of each month is dedicated to teaching people with disabilities to ski, between 9am – 4pm.
Lot = 10 min x 2 person including 6 passes through the Slalom Course
9. Brand New Drum Kit
CB Rock – 5 Piece Drumkit including:
? Wooden Snare Drum
? Remo Drum Heads
? Padded Drum Stool
? Double Braced Hardware
10. Four sessions with your very own Personal Fitness Trainer, Shaun Biddulph
(trainer to Alex Thomson, Ellen MacArthur, Steve Curtis, Anna Wardley??.)
11. Drumming Lesson from star drummer Mark Preedy
12. Kayak and Kayak Lesson with expert support team member David Cusworth
14. 4 Chinese Silk Jackets from the Olympic Sailing Committee of China
15. “Planet Earth” book signed by author Sir David Attenborough
16. Sir Robin Knox-Johnston’s VELUX 5 OCEANS shirt – signed by the solo sailing star