Top tips from the experts
Places are up for grabs at the RYA’s annual autumn muster from 17 – 19 October.
The muster, which is open to motor boaters and sailors alike, is a good opportunity to pick up some new skills from one of the many practical master classes being held over the weekend with industry experts.
There’s also chance to experience first-hand how the other half take to the water in the muster’s ‘Try a boat’ sessions, with Sealine Sea School and Hamble School of Yachting.
Held at Cowes Yacht Haven, Isle of Wight attendees can also get advice for specific own boat related questions, vital safety information and tips on boating skills.
Some of the activities taking place over the weekend include:
· Man overboard demonstration from Ocean Safety
· Increase your knowledge of electronic navigation and DSC radio calling with Raymarine and ICOM
· Enjoy our interactive lecture on liferafts, lifejackets and abandoning ship from the RNLI and Ocean Safety
· Aladdin’s Cave Rig shop will be giving demonstrations and advice on whipping and splicing
· Get tips on how to make your boating more environmentally friendly from The Green Blue
· Lifejacket and liferaft equipment checks
· Top tips to get you home if your engine fails from Sea Start.
The muster is a social occasion too with a drinks reception on the Friday evening at the Yacht Haven, as well as a dinner, disco and prize giving reception, sponsored by Alpine Electronics at the Royal Corrinthian Yacht Club on Saturday evening.
There’s plenty for the kids to do too, with a special keelboat session for 8-16 year olds organised by UKSA.
You don’t have to come on your boat to take part in the muster.
For more information or to book a place email email@example.com