With road transport becoming more sophisticated, bringing much of the continent within reach, there has never been a better time to relocate your boat and expand your horizons
Sample trucking prices
Delivery prices involve factors in addition to the length, height and width of the load. Timing is relevant and if a transport company has fair notice, efficient two-way loading can bring costs down. Sometimes, on the other hand, you can benefit from a discounted ‘back load’ price at short notice.
I was recently quoted the following guide prices, excluding VAT and craning:
- Nimbus 380 Coupe – Plymouth to Inverness: £2,650
- Aquastar 48 – Lymington to Vigo: £7,950
- Broom 50 – Portland Marina to Sneek: £7,650
- Jeanneau Prestige 44 – Cardiff to Gothenburg: £11,500
- Beneteau Antares 42 – Hamble to Lisbon: £8,900 (nearer £6,500 as a back load)
- Fairline Targa 42 – Chichester to Stockholm: £8,900
First published in the March 2018 edition of Motor Boat & Yachting.